Critical moment #1



For me the crucial hours of a weekend actually fall between 6 and 7 on a Friday evening rather than on Saturday or Sunday themselves. It is hard to write this without sounding like a John Lewis advertisement but, in my view, if you get those hours right in their execution your weekend will inevitably be a success. Why? Well, you will have just finished work, you will ideally have no immediate plans and, for those 60 minutes, the possibilities for both that evening, Saturday and Sunday abound. Friday night has not yet begun and Saturday and Sunday seem a great time away. Sometimes the best thought is that you can do nothing now for a long long time. Other times you might drain a pint with friends. Or maybe restaurant with beauty? Good, no?
However, get this hour wrong - perhaps an irritating conversation with an inconsequential or through indecision in the supermarket aisles - and you are fucked.

Maybe I have thought about this for too long which is something I definitely would not recommend. This is because I know this now. I know how important that hour is and, like a man who fluffs his lines on the first day of hustings, I now run the weekly risk of letting the adrenaline rule. Don't let anxiety rule. Don't let the knowledge be too much.